Tuesday, September 21, 2010

End of Summer

I can FEEL the end of summer coming...
The smells, the sounds, the sunrises and sunsets... everything is different.

I have mixed feelings about it all coming to an end. Summer is my favorite season, especially here in Utah.  For me, the temperature "highs" and "lows" during summer are perfect; I am the "I'd rather be hot than cold" kind of person. On the other hand, end of summer just means beautiful changing leafs and snowboarding season (and of course hot chocolate) will soon be here. So I guess it is not all that bad.

This summer has been pretty amazing and it kind of had to be because...uhm, yeah...it is my last summer in my 20's (somewhat depressing to say, I know).  I got to do a lot of the things that I had been trying to do for a long long time but had not been able to for different reasons. All I can say is that the memories will remain.

There is a song that always makes me think of the end of summer.  It is called "Anything But Mine."  Here is to celebrating the end of a most wonderful season.

  

No comments: