Thursday, September 16, 2010

Confessions

As much as I am excited about what will soon happen in my life, I am also a little weary. Confession/Public Announcement #1 my parents are moving here in a few days.

YAY FOR ME! I mean, it is exciting to think that after 12 years of spending Christmas' without family, this will never happen again. There are so many reasons why them moving here is such a great thing but I have to admit, there is something that worries me.

For years, I have been used to giving the same answer to the getting-to-know-you-question "Where does your family live?" by saying either Chile or Brazil, which are the countries my parents have lived in during that time. Now I won't be able to do that anymore!!! My answer always made me feel that I had something unique to talk about and it has been a great conversation starter. Saying that my parents live a few minutes away is just not going to be the same.

As a result I have started thinking about other things people may not know about me that I could perhaps use as conversation starters.

Cristina's Confessions (aka possible conversation starters)
  1. When I was in elementary school I put a pencil lead in my ear, I'm not sure if it ever came out ;)
  2. I tend to bite my fingernails when I'm nervous (I know, now you're all grossed out)
  3. I am an impulsive shopper. I can invest a lot of mula on something I thought of buying just minutes ago. But also I can get a whole outfit in 20 min
  4. I don't shop very often, I can go months without buying anything (good thing, please refer to #3)
  5. I love Dog The Bounty Hunter
  6. I hate Chicago (the group not the city, I'm not a hater Chicago people)
  7. One time I ended up at the ER dressed up as Cleopatra and left with braces on both feet
  8. I sleep walk sometimes, or maybe I should call it sleep run? And sometimes run into things...
  9. The song "Alejandro" by Lady Gaga mentions all of my cousins (from one side of the family)
  10. I have ripped a phone book in half
All these confessions have stories to go along with them. Would any of them work as conversation starters?
Be afraid, be very afraid

7 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Hey Cristina! Cute post! And how exciting! I'm excited for you that your parents are moving here, how fun! I think it'd be great to start a conversation that they live a few minutes away, but they used to live in Chile and Brazil. There ya go...that easy. BUT, these topics are MUCH more interesting. Please share the stories on here sometimes. Quite fun! Love ya!

me said...

Anne Marie, thanks for your comment! I am excited too :) Now you have fixed my problem all together! Why didn't I think of that?
I will share sometime. Love you guys too!!

Anonymous said...

Hola Cris! Me encanta lo que escribís, te felicito! Besos!
Juli.

Unknown said...

extrañaremos mucho los tios por aca ..cuidalos bien..ellos son personas maravillosas les deseamos lo mejor del mundo y a ti tambien prima!!!! :)

Marcio y Alicia Magalhaes

me said...

Juli! Gracias por leer mi blog! Besitos para ti!

Alicita y Marcio, aqui los cuidare mucho. Gracias a ustedes por cuidarlos a ellos todo este tiempo :)

Ingrid said...

Hello beautiful girl! I was just thinking of you today for some reason. I love your blog! I would love to hear all of those stories, so yes, plenty of great conversation starters! Do you remember Cory Hansen from our ward, freshman year? He and his family live down the street from me now, and he and Ben get along so well. I am very grateful! Aah, Ricks memories... I am excited for you to have your family around :)

me said...

Ingrid, thanks!! :) I'm not sure which Cory you mean because I remember at least 2 that lived at Bunkhouse. Is it one of them? That's pretty cool though! It's such a small world. I sure loved it up there. And thank you, I am excited too.