Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmases Past

For some reason, Christmas season reminds me of this person. We will call him Mr. W.  :)
Mr. W and I popping out of a present

Mr. W. was probably the happiest and one of the best guys I ever dated. He honestly loved everyone, just because they existed. He took the time to show people that he cared. He was also fun, thoughtful, smart, driven, service prone, a true leader (taught me more about leadership than anyone else), but also was honest and lived in the real world (that's the only way I can describe it).

The year we dated, I had decided I wanted to spend Christmas day alone, mostly because I enjoyed the peace and quiet to think about the Savior and because I hated being the extra person at the table when a family got together; so we celebrated on Christmas Eve.

That day, man did it snow! We got a ton of inches just in a few hours. The roads were terrible, but he came to see me, we exchanged presents ( I still have my Hello Kitty pajamas, amongst other things) and then we headed to his house.  It was scary! Not only were the roads not plowed, but they were icy.
When it was getting late, he drove me home in his mom's vehicle which had way better control on the slick roads. Of course we had to stop by a church parking lot and attempt a couple of doughnuts which didn't work that well because the vehicle was too smart.

Then we drove by a church, and noticed that it was packed. It was midnight mass! So we, in the split of a second, decided to go and check it out. It was a really cool experience. Entire families listened to the person who gave the sermon about the Savior. The church was packed.

For some reason, during Christmas I always think about Mr. W. Not because I wish we were still dating (I must say he is happily married to a wonderful girl), but because I feel that he kind of carried the Christmas spirit with him every day of the year. I hope all my future Christmases are that spontaneous and wonderful with people that I care about and people that care about me.
signature

No comments: