Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ageless Love?

I have to admit, lately I have spent way too much time reading The Pioneer Woman's blog about her life. I envy it...and now that I have admitted to that, I would like to officially repent for having such feelings.

One of the things I love most about this woman is her and her husband's story: how they met and fell in love. I think the reason I love it so much is because I remember the feelings that she describes while falling in love. She was around the same age I was when I truly fell in love. The sad thing is that comparing our stories has made me wonder, do people still fall in love the same way as they get older?  I look at what my dates and relationships have been like since the dreaded breakup with the one that I felt such feelings for and nothing has ever compared. Yet, here I am reading about someone who felt the same way I did. As a result, I have come to the conclusion that when I felt that way it wasn't all in my head.

Still, nothing even close to those feelings has ever come since. Finally, I convinced myself that I'll never feel that same way again and something lesser will have to do; but then I wonder, could it happen again? Or was it just the excitement that accompanies that stage of our lives?

It is very difficult to date guys when you can never forget the way you felt with (and about) that person you truly loved.

Hopefully, someday I'll be proven wrong.
signature

2 comments:

Justin Nixon said...

Good post Cristina. This is something I have also wondered a lot about. I have actually doubted the fact that I would ever be able to find those same feelings again in a relationship. I have actually been in love probably 3 times, so I think it is possible to feel it again. It just seems to be harder each time you get burned. The fact that you want to be truly happy and in love will make it so it will happen again when you meet the type of person that makes you feel that special way. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen too often. You'd think the more dates you go on, the faster you will find it. Go for quality over quantity :) Good luck.

me said...

Thanks Justin. I don't know if it's harder each time you get burned, or just each year. I wonder if the twitterpation is only when you're young. I loved the quality vs quality concept. I have never thought about it for dating :)