Thursday, November 4, 2010

And The Countdown Begins

Happy birthday to me...in 3 months!

I decided to give myself a few cool presents for my next birthday. Why? Because I'm turning 30. Yeah, I know I should not worry about it, I will live, it is just the beginning of my life, blah blah blah. No matter how you put it, it is a little depressing because your 20's are considered some of the best times of your life. When you were a kid, didn't you want to be in your 20's? I remember I always had crushes on college guys because I thought they were so cool.

Either way, because I was afraid that it is going to be more of an un-happy day than a happy day, I have started giving myself presents to prevent any depression that may accompany the event.

Present #1
A fabulous bed!!!!!! It is twice as big as my old one and 50 times more comfortable!! I hate to say it but if anyone ever wants to marry me they will have to take the both us or neither...

Present #2
I wanted to remember what I was like in my 20's, so I decided to have professional pics taken. It was a little scary; most of the time I am messing around and my pics show me camping, etc. But I found a fantastic photographer who made me feel at home and I literally had some of the best time of my life!

Here's a sample

If you would like to see a few more go to Stephanie's blog.

The problem now? Since I already gave myself 2 amazing gifts before the dreaded event, I now have to find something to do on the actual day of my birthday.

When I turned 28, I decided to celebrate by doing 28 acts of service. It was pretty fun! So now I need ideas of what to do, times 30. If anybody reads this, please leave any thoughts you may have (you know who you are!).

Here are a few of mine:
-Buy 30 items of clothing
-Taste 30 different flavors of ice cream
-Read 30 pages of a book I would never read other wise (not so sure about this one)
-Watch 30 episodes of my favorite shows (but that would take a lot of time)
-Do a different activity every 30 minutes
-Get a 30 minute massage
-Kiss 30 guys (hope my parents aren't reading this one). Just kidding mom and dad!!!!
-Write 30 attributes that I would like to have
-Disappear for 30 hours (likey likey)

OK, that's about all I can think of. Any suggestions?
signature

9 comments:

Matt and Jami said...

Cristina, you are absolutely beautiful, those pictures are gorgeous! You deserve to have an amazing birthday. I cant think of anything off the top of my head, but Ill let you know if I do. I personally like the ice cream one!

Spratt said...

Happy birthday in three months. I really like all of your self-present ideas. I try to get myself a little something each year too, although mine aren't nearly as creative as yours. I usually buy myself a book or a movie. Your picture looks fantastic! You look really pretty in it. :)

Ann Marie said...

Cristina...you are model material! Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Wow! They are beautiful! I love this post! I like the 30 attributes one (sounds like you)! I hope it turns out to be a great day!

Shellie Stevens said...

I must say you are absolutely amazing!!! Not to mention how gorgeous you are!! You look so beautiful in those pictures!

me said...

Thanks Jamie and thanks for trying to help me with that! I would love to hear if anything comes to mind.

Robby, I'm glad you also give yourself presents. Gracias!

I'm so glad you stopped by to read AnnMarie, I love keeping up with you :) I hope it'll turn out great too!

Dear Shellie, you crazy girl! Thanks a bunch, you are so nice. I hope you get to rest this next week and to all kinds of great stuff :D

Rob Warren said...

An idea I took from President Monson when on his birthday he was asked what he would like and he said that he would like everyone to do something kind for someone. So, perhaps do 30 minutes of service for someone or do a kind act or say something kind to 30 different people. Happy Birthday.

Justin Nixon said...

Wow Cristina, you're a hottie! I have no idea why you're still single. I like your ideas, especially the kiss 30 guys. haha that's really funny. I'll volunteer to be one of them if you go that route. :)
I like how you're putting all this thought into it. I didn't even think about doing anything cool on my 30th birthday, and ill forget about. You won't forget about your big day...
I can't think of much.. maybe set a goal to go on 30 dates before the big day, then the final one on your b-day?

me said...

Justin, thanks dude! Your idea is actually really good, except it kinda would go against my other blog... but worth thinking about though. It would be really cool. Should I ask 30 guys out myself? that way I have more control over if I go on dates or not?

Thanks for your ideas Rob! You are always so nice!

Justin Nixon said...

Hmm im not sure how to go about this 30 date idea. I don't want you to contradict, but at the same time I think that the traditional dating scene has/should be changed. It shouldn't be the guy that has to fork out dating ideas and dinner. You're very creative. I'm sure you'll come up with someway to make it memorable.