Sunday, February 13, 2011

Morning or Night

Sometimes I struggle going to sleep. Not because I am not tired or because I have a lot of energy. The struggle tends to happen when I am really tired actually. I think sometimes I can not sleep because I am excited or nervous about plans that I have been thinking about and for some reason it feels as if I continue to think about it for "just a little bit longer" then I will continue to be excited about it a little bit longer? You are absolutely right, it makes no sense.

This brings me to a very important topic that I have been thinking about (which may or may not have kept me up a few nights). If you are tired at nights and completely crash by midnight AND you struggle every single morning waking up, even when the previous night you retired to sleep very early, are you a "night person" or a "morning person" or neither?

For a long time I have wondered what I am. Since my body feels like I was struck by a moving vehicle when ever I attempt to wake up before the sun has risen, I have decided I am not a morning person. Easy decision.

The problem is, at night when I find myself hoping my date will drop me off not too late so I can go to sleep because I am tired, I think that I am probably not a night person either!


Did this picture not just make you yawn? How does that always happen?

My conclusion is: I am completely lost. Is there not any other time of the day to choose from? I think my best time of day is around 10:00 am. So would that make me a "mid-morning person?" I could live with that.

2 comments:

Rob said...

You're probably a mid-morning person. I've pondered that same question many a times. When I was in elementary school I loved early mornings. In high school I loved late nights and sleeping in on Saturday. After working for 5 years on the 6pm - 6am shift I am as confused as ever. Like you, my mind gets going at night and I can't get to sleep. I don't think I've been to sleep before 1:30 a.m. this entire week but here I am at the office at 8:30 every morning. When you figure out the sleep mystery please share your findings.

Spratt said...

I'm a lot like you. When I have to wake up early, even if I got plenty of sleep, I can barely function. Seriously, when I first get out of bed I can't walk straight. I walk into walls on a regular basis.
Ever since I hit 25 I've been getting sleepy earlier and earlier in the evening. Now that I am 28, when 10:00 rolls around I am pretty much done.
I too would like to be a mid-morning person. Too bad my schedule doesn't allow it.